top of page

SOMNIUM  EQUESTRIAN

Favourite Accomplished Equestrian Athletes

Public·6 members
Elias Perez
Elias Perez

Buy Delta Miles For Medallion Status

If you are short the Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) you need to achieve the Medallion Elite status you desire, Delta will sell you a minimum 2,500 miles and a maximum 10,000 MQMs until January 31, 2016.

buy delta miles for medallion status

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fmiimms.com%2F2ueWWR&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw1Akkq7Zr5ss_UuLCe37yBo

I have a huge stash of MQMs that rollover each year from signup bonuses and some partner flights that were very lucrative. So my strategy is to spend 25k on my personal Platinum card, get the waiver and MQM bump, and then not spend anything else on that card for the year. I qualify for platinum medallion status and use the companion certificate and regional upgrade certificates, and to me that justifies the "opportunity cost"...

I have a huge stash of MQMs that rollover each year from signup bonuses and some partner flights that were very lucrative. So my strategy is to spend 25k on my personal Platinum card, get the waiver and MQM bump, and then not spend anything else on that card for the year. I qualify for platinum medallion status and use the companion certificate and regional upgrade certificates, and to me that justifies the "opportunity cost" of not spending on a different card, as well as covering the annual fee.

(1) General SkyMiles Members earn 5 miles per dollar spent on tickets Main Cabin or above. Silver Medallion Members earn 2 additional miles per dollar (for a total of 7), Gold Medallion Members earn an additional 3 miles per dollar (for a total of 8), Platinum Medallion Members earn 4 additional miles per dollar (for a total of 9), and Diamond Medallion Members earn 6 additional miles per dollar (for a total of 11). *Ticket price eligible for mileage accrual includes base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees. Medallion mileage bonus per USD spent based on earned Medallion status at the time of travel. Effective for tickets purchased on or after December 9, 2021 for flights departing on or after January 1, 2022, Basic Economy tickets are not eligible to earn miles in the SkyMiles Program or earn credit towards Medallion Status.

Through December 31st to January 31st, Delta offered a lovely deal - you could buy up to 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles to add to your status for 2012 - that would roll over to your 2013 medallion status. A nice little way to kick off 2013 - part of the way to Silver status, part of the way to getting the benefits of elite travel. A real luxury.

However, to those of you that were unfortunate to fall for it that didn't have Silver Status, Delta happily took up to $995 of your money for nothing. As I found out as recently as two minutes ago, Delta happily has been taking people's money who didn't have Silver status. I myself had 1000 miles from last year - and didn't expect those to roll over - but bought 10,000 to start off 2013, in which I expected to do a fair amount of Delta travelling, including a round-trip to Italy for a much belated honeymoon. Nope. Delta's supervisors gladly told me - with some umbrage that I'd suggest otherwise, that the language on the site was clear (screenshot to the right included) - that these would not count unless you were over 25,000 miles.

In order to qualify for elite status with an airline, you'll typically need to meet certain qualification requirements. Delta, typical of US airlines, requires you to both fly a certain number of miles or a certain number of flights, and spend a certain amount of money on base fares throughout the previous calendar year to get elite "Medallion" status.

To achieve elite status with Delta Air Lines, you must achieve a certain number of Medallion Qualification Dollars in a calendar year along with either a number of miles or flight segments. In a nutshell, MQDs are a way for Delta to ensure that Elite members have spent a minimum amount of money with the airline, as well as flying a certain number of miles or segments.

Redeemable miles are completely separate, and are the miles you earn and redeem for free award travel. Customers earn 5 miles per dollar based on the ticket price, excluding certain fees, with bonuses for elite status.

Delta SkyMiles has relatively generous benefits, such as companion upgrades for lower tier Silver Medallion members and free CLEAR membership and Hertz status for higher tiers. There is also some flexibility with Choice Benefits that mirror the Loyalty Choice awards issued by American AAdvantage. The redeemable miles earned, between 5 and 11 per dollar spent, are consistent with other major airlines.

I am a Delta million miler so I receive Silver medallion status every year. I would like to move to platinum status. I fly only about 4 or 5 times a year and either use points or Delta companion certificates. Can you please tell me the best way to use credit card spend to reach Platinum. Since most of my travel is already booked through January of 2023, does it make more sense to start spending now or wait until next year. I do have both a business and regular Delta platinum credit card. Thanks somuch for helping spell out what the best way to do this is!

Delta SkyMiles is unusual among frequent flyer programs in allowing reward flights to count for status. These can only be earned on Delta Air Lines flights, which earn MQDs at the rate of the total miles redeemed for the flight divided by 100. MQMs are earned at the rate of 100% of the distance flown for main cabin (none for Basic Economy fares) and 150% for premium cabins.

Additionally, when you fly on a paid flight, you may credit your flight to any of the other SkyTeam partner airlines. By focusing all your earnings to one airline's frequent flyer program, you'll reach elite status with Delta quicker and earn enough miles for a free flight. For example, you may be flying Aeromexico and choose to credit your flight to Delta.

Unfortunately, not all tickets are created equal. When you buy a plane ticket from travel agents as part of vacation packages, or through other third parties, these unpublished fares are treated differently. Instead of earning miles based on your elite status and the cost of your ticket, these exception fares earn miles based on the distance flown and fare class paid (e.g. Economy, Business, First).

The original option to earn miles is to pay for a ticket and fly somewhere. Delta's loyalty program focuses on how much you paid for your ticket and what elite status you have. The more you pay for a ticket and the higher your elite status, the more miles you'll earn. Base level SkyMiles members earn five miles per dollar, while top-level Diamond members can earn 11 miles per dollar.

Because Delta is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance, you can earn Delta SkyMiles by crediting your flights on partner airlines to Delta. You'll earn SkyMiles based on the rules of the partner airline. The specific rules for each airline are posted on this Delta airline partners page. In general, the number of miles earned will be based on the distance of your flight, the fare class purchased, and your elite status.

Delta Air Lines announced two changes to the SkyMiles program this morning. SkyMiles award tickets for travel on Delta, which first began counting towards elite status in 2021, will become a permanent feature of the program. And, in an effort to incentivize customers who buy the most expensive tickets, there will no longer be a cap on the miles earn for travel.Award Travel Counts Towards Elite StatusDelta-issued award tickets for travel on its own flights will count towards elite status permanently. Delta vassal Virgin Atlantic was the first to make this change to its program. SkyMiles followed on a temporary basis for 2021, and then extended this for 2022.

Earning is calculated based on distance the minimum miles requirement for SkyMiles status. Each award flight is a segment. And qualifying dollars treat each mile redeem as worth a penny, so a coach award ticket that costs 30,000 miles earns 300 qualifying dollars.

If you want to earn Delta Medallion status, the Reserve also offers an extra leg-up with additional bonus miles after spending $30,000 on your card in a year. Still, the main draw in our view is the annual companion certificate and the lounge access.

SkyMiles is the frequent-flyer program of Delta Air Lines that offers points (or "miles") to passengers traveling on most fare types, as well as to consumers who utilize Delta co-branded credit cards, which accumulate towards free awards such as airline tickets, business and first-class upgrades, and luxury products.[1] Created in 1981[2][3] as the "Delta Air Lines Frequent Flyer Program", its name was changed to SkyMiles in 1995.[4] Originally all airlines including Delta, only gave miles for airline travel and not credit card spend.[5] Delta claims to have been the first major U.S. airline without mileage expiration, so travelers can redeem awards at their leisure, but others have since followed.[6] The airline also has a separate SkyBonus program that provides small to mid-sized business owners with a way to earn points for trips taken by employees, good towards free flights, upgrades, Medallion status and other travel awards.[7] It has been ranked fairly highly according to some independent news outlets.[8]

Medallion status entitles members to unlimited complimentary upgrades, subject to availability, on most published economy fares on Delta and certain Delta-designated codeshare flights in North America within or between the United States (excluding Hawaii) and Bermuda, Canada, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Mexico.[23] In addition, preferred coach seating such as in the Economy Comfort section is set aside for medallion members for when first and business class upgrades are not available.[24][25] Although not a published benefit, certain top tier members of the program have been transferred at Delta hubs by an automobile and chauffeur pick up service (see photograph). There is also a Delta 360 level of status which is awarded by invite only to their very best customers. How to earn this status has not been published. There have been further updates in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic[26] 041b061a72

About

Here's a group where everyone can discuss their favourite eq...
bottom of page